- Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Retirement Home
The Benefis Extended Care and Rehabilitation Center is a 146-bed, not-for-profit service of Benefis Health System that provides short- and long-term care. It has serviced the community for over 40 years and continues to offer our patients the latest in therapy equipment and technologies.
An interdisciplinary team of specialists are available to care for each resident's particular needs. Active involvement by board-certified physicians and full-time supervision by Geriatric Nurse Practitioner with higher staff-to-resident rations are only a few of the amenities featured at the Benefis Extended Care Center.
Because our residents often have multiple illnesses, their recovery time and care needs extend beyond the traditional hospital setting. Our 16-bed TCU (Transitional Care Unit) focuses on residents with higher levels of acuity who have specialized skilled care and rehabilitation needs.
Referral by a physician is required for admission to TCU. An admission screening is performed by the nurse coordinator to ensure that the resident meets Medicare requirements for skilled-nursing care.
TCU utilizes a focused approach to therapy with a dedicated team of physical, occupational and speech therapists. Their efforts, coupled with the support of an experienced nursing team, add up to enable 25 percent of TCU patients to be discharged to their homes or other community settings.
An admission application for placement at the Skilled Nursing Center can be acquired by calling 455.5903.
- Qualified, Caring and Experienced Staff.
- Progressive Environment and Complex Medical Care.
- Intermediate and Custodial Resident Care with Family Support.
- Rehabilitation including full range of Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services.
- Social Services include Alzheimers/Dementia Care, Hospice, Respite Care, and Transition Care.